Social and Leisure - stay active and have fun!
Staying active and interacting with other residents and staff is a vital part of life here at Elder Homes.
Our Social and Leisure Team have created a wide range of different activities to suit older people. Our activities are not all group based, in fact our Social and Leisure Team also do a lot of activities with residents on a one to one basis, so if you don’t feel like joining in, that’s fne too.
Activities are run every morning, afternoon and evening, 7 days a week ranging from:
- Gentle exercise sessions designed for older people, including: Seated exercise sessions, Yoga & Tai Chi, Balance Class and Exercise to Music
- Arts and Crafts (including card making, knitting, painting)
- Board games and quizzes (Bingo, Hangman, REMOVE Wordplay, Anagrams)
- Baking and cake decorating and cooking
- Floor games
- Gardening Club
- Excursions, Day trips and picnics to local beauty spots and places of local interest
- Tea Dances and Charity Coffee Mornings
- Visits from Therapets and other animals
- Afternoon at the movies
- Around the World dinners
- Residents choir
- Wine tasting and chocolate evenings
- Musical entertainment of different genres
We encourage residents to continue any hobbies they had before they joined us and to try new ones, so if there is an activity a resident would like to do that isn’t already on offer, please let us know and we will try to include it.
We always celebrate our residents birthdays – we relish any excuse to celebrate a special event so please tell us about your special anniversaries and we will help you to celebrate them. There are several public areas in the building that can be set aside for such occasions.
Life at Elder Homes is the beginning of a new chapter.